Many women I know would rather eat this than go out wearing red, red lipstick.
I wonder why that is? It is, after all, just lipstick. It’s not a political statement, it’s technically something that is going to wear off in a few hours.
Perhaps they are afraid of the dreaded Ronald McDonald mouth. I swear, Ronald has just ruined the lipstick thing for way too many women. Curse you, Ronald! I always liked Hamburglar better anyway!
I just want you to know that you CAN INDEED wear a bold red lip WITHOUT people thinking you will shortly begin a juggling/walking on stilts routine.
According to NARS makeup artist Uzo, this is the best way to wear a matte red lip. Here’s a synopsis:
1) Apply bronzer to cheeks, then foundation over that to even out skin tone. Concealer as needed. A satin finish to skin is the desired look.
2) Apply lip color in the center of lips, moving outward toward the corners. This avoids the color getting cakey in the corners of the mouth. Haven’t we all at one point seen our mouths in the mirror and been horrified at the caking? Or, maybe that’s just me.
3) Choose a lip liner that is the same color as the lip color. Smile and then line the lips to avoid feathering.
4) If you like, apply a gloss several shades deeper than the lip color to create dimension.
5) And you’re pretty much done!
The current way to wear matte red lips is with little to no other makeup so that the emphasis is pretty much solely on the lips. Sounds easy to me!
Go on, wear red lips to pick up your dry cleaning, or on a trip to the grocery store. Live dangerously, my friends!