My, that is such a service-y type of title isn’t it?
I figured that since it is mid-June, it is probably time to start discussing the ways in which we change our beauty routines when the hot and sometimes humid weather kicks in.
I am fortunate to live in a fairly temperate climate. Sure, we’ll get hot here, but humidity is rarely a huge factor. Not that I’m far from the ocean, but for some reason the days in which the heat and humidity are positively unbearable are few.
So, my beauty tips for hot weather, limited as they are, are as follows:
-Figure out a flattering way to wear your hair up and get your hair off your neck. You’ll be at least five degrees cooler, I promise. Or, if you are the type that doesn’t mind, get a short haircut and fugeddaboudit.
– Powder is your friend.
– As are blotting papers. And in a pinch, did you know that the ubiquitous toilet seat covers found in public restrooms make fantastic blotters? Uh, straight from the dispenser, which goes without saying.
– Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. We all know this, but it bears repeating. Be even smarter than you already are and combine powder and sunscreen together. My very fair-skinned sister uses this handy portable powder sunscreen and swears by it.
– And even with sunscreen, I’ve lately become very fond of hats in hot weather.
– Even though it also sounds obvious, go for light washes of color rather than dramatic statements. Well, dramatic statements can be saved for nighttime, anyway.
– Fake some color with a great bronzer.
All right ladies, step up and share your best hot weather beauty tips! We are dying to know!